Soft laser therapy has been used successfully in medicine for more than 50 years. It has been shown to be effective in nearly 100 conditions, supported by clinical research and case studies.
Infrared (808nm) lasers absorb light in deeper layers (their biological effect is up to 8-10 cm deep), so they can be used in the therapy ofmusculoskeletallocomotor diseases, where the analgesic, anti-inflammatory effect is important and accelerates the healing of muscles, tendons and joints. .
Diseases and ailments caused by overworking:
- Stretching (distortion) muscle, ligament or tendon rupture, fracture
- nflammation of the membranes caused by the adhesion or origin of muscles
(eg “tennis elbow” = overexertion at the site of adhesion of the forearm tension muscle due to inflammation of the periosteum.)
- Joint wear, cartilage wear (arthrosis) - (The SL150 is only suitable for the treatment of small joints!)
- Pain relief, reduction of inflammation in spinal diseases (e.g.lumbago)
- Muscle diseases: e.g. muscle pain, narrowing of joints (contracture)
- Rheumatic pains
A Musculoskeletal disorders can cause problems and pain in different parts of the body or in several joints. In musculoskeletal pain, we often feel the pain not at the source of the problem, but in another area, e.g. radiates into a joint. In order to effectively relieve pain, it is advisable to locate and treat notonly the painful area, but also the “radiating pain points”.
The Safe Laser 500 Infrared should be applied at a single point for 2-5 minutes, depending on the disease. The frequency of treatments depends on the type and longevity of the disease.
Treatment of acute illness (recent illness):
- The treatment should be completeddaily for 1-2 weeks and then 3 times a week until the symptoms disappear. Improvement can be seen as early as the first treatment or within 1day.
Treatment of chronic (prolonged) diseases (developed more than 6-8 weeks):
- Prolongingillnesses need to be treated less often. 3-4 times in the first 2 weeks and then 2-3 times a week until symptoms disappear or are significantly reduced.
- In chronic diseasesrecovery commonly takes longer (days, weeks, months). After the first treatments, the pain may increase (treatment reaction), but this is a temporary phenomenon, after some treatments it gradually disappears.
- For long-term (several months) healing processes, daily treatment-like treatment is recommended for 2-3 weeks, after which it is possible to switch to the less frequent use every 2 days.
- More frequent or prolonged treatments do not necessarily speed up healing because there is a biological limit beyond which cells cannot be further stimulated by irradiation!
The healing time of traumatic injuries is shortened by soft laser therapy! After surgery, use the laser 1-2x a day for faster healing.
In the case of bone fractures, a “small window” is usually cut on the plaster on the plastered limb, so direct laser illumination intensively helps the ossification processes.